
by Emmitt Barry, with reporting from Worthy News Jerusalem Bureau Staff
(Worthy News) – Israel is engaged in discussions with five countries — Indonesia, Somaliland, Uganda, South Sudan, and Libya — over the potential voluntary resettlement of Palestinians from the Gaza Strip, according to a report by Israel’s Channel 12.
A diplomatic source told the outlet that “some of the countries are showing greater openness than before to accepting voluntary immigration from the Gaza Strip,” with Indonesia and Somaliland named as particularly receptive. Somaliland, a self-declared independent region of Somalia, is reportedly seeking to leverage such an agreement to advance its bid for international recognition.
The report follows an Associated Press claim that Israel had discussed relocating Gazans to South Sudan — an assertion that Juba’s government swiftly dismissed as “baseless” and inconsistent with official policy.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu reiterated his support for the large-scale emigration of Gazans during an interview with i24 News on Tuesday night, describing it as a humanitarian and pragmatic solution. He noted that the idea has also been endorsed by U.S. President Donald Trump earlier this year.
“I think this is the most natural thing,” Netanyahu said. “All those who are concerned for the Palestinians and say they want to help the Palestinians should open their doors to them. What are you preaching to us for? We’re not pushing them out — we’re enabling them to leave… first of all, [leaving] combat zones, and also the Strip itself, if they want to.”
When asked why the process had not yet moved forward, Netanyahu replied, “You need receiving countries. We are talking to several countries — I won’t detail them here.”
If confirmed, such a resettlement arrangement would mark one of the most significant demographic shifts in Gaza’s modern history, potentially reshaping both the territory’s humanitarian landscape and the broader Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Reporting contributed by Worthy News staff and wire services.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
The United States has completed a secret nuclear security mission to remove roughly 30 pounds of highly enriched uranium from Venezuela, transferring the material from the country’s shuttered RV-1 research reactor to a secure U.S. facility in South Carolina.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with President Donald Trump on Sunday evening as Israel and the United States weighed the possibility of renewed military action against Iran, following stalled nuclear negotiations and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in the United Arab Emirates.
Evangelist Franklin Graham said Sunday that “God did a miracle” in Belarus after he held what organizers described as the largest evangelical Christian gathering in the country’s modern history and met authoritarian President Alexander Lukashenko.
The World Health Organization (WHO) warned Sunday that an Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) and Uganda “constitutes a public health emergency of international concern” after at least 80 people died and hundreds more were infected or suspected of infection.
Hungarian Prime Minister Péter Magyar opened elaborate luxury government buildings to the public this weekend by personally removing fences surrounding the historic Carmelite Monastery in Budapest, the former office complex of ex-prime minister Viktor Orbán.
Israel confirmed Friday that it targeted Hamas’s de facto leader in Gaza in an airstrike that could mark the highest-level assassination attempt against the militant group since a ceasefire began last fall.
Dozens of students remained missing Friday after suspected Islamist militants attacked a school in Nigeria’s insurgency-ravaged northeastern state of Borno, officials and residents said.