
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
TEHRAN/JERUSALEM (Worthy News) – Israel faced another major security threat Monday after Iran unveiled a nuclear-capable ballistic missile that it said was capable of traveling 1,700 kilometers (1,056 miles), making the Jewish nation within reach of the Islamic Republic.
State television broadcast images of the missile, dubbed Etemad, or “trust” in Persian, saying it was “the most recent ballistic missile” built by the Iranian defense ministry.
Iranian President Masoud Pezeshkian attended the Tehran ceremony presenting the Etemad, Worthy News monitored
“The development of defense capabilities and space technologies… aims to ensure that no country dares to attack Iranian territory,” Pezeshkian said in a televised address.
The ceremony occurred on Iran’s “National Aerospace Day” and a few days before the 46th anniversary of the creation of the Islamic Republic.
Israel and its Western allies are concerned over advances in Iran’s ballistic missile program, accusing it of destabilizing the Middle East.
BALLISTIC ATTACKS
Both attacks, which involved hundreds of ballistic missiles, were primarily thwarted by Israel’s air defense systems together with the United States and its allies.
Iran’s missiles, including this newest design, are capable of reaching Israel, which it targeted twice last year as the Gaza war, started by Iran-backed Palestinian group Hamas, spilled over.
The well-informed Iranian dissident group National Council of Resistance of Iran (NCRI) also claims that Tehran is covertly developing nuclear warheads for ballistic missiles capable of reaching Europe.
NCRI says Iran has received help from North Korea in the development of its ballistic missile program.
Tehran claims its nuclear program is “peaceful,” but it has not ruled out developing a nuclear weapon if attacked, adding that it is conducting “rocket and satellite research.”
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
The U.S. trade deficit edged slightly lower in 2025 but remained the third-largest on record, underscoring the scale of America’s global trade imbalance even amid sweeping tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump.
The United Kingdom will not allow the Pentagon to use British-controlled bases to launch potential military strikes against Iran, according to a report by The Times of London.
President Donald Trump on Thursday unveiled what he called a historic new diplomatic framework — the “Board of Peace” — during an inaugural meeting at the U.S. Institute of Peace, announcing billions in pledges for Gaza reconstruction and signaling that a major decision on Iran could come within days.
President Donald Trump is weighing an initial, limited military strike on Iran aimed at forcing Tehran to meet U.S. demands for a comprehensive nuclear agreement, the Wall Street Journal reported.
FBI Director Kash Patel said Wednesday that federal investigators have identified what he described as substantial funding streams connected to antifa-linked activities, signaling possible new enforcement actions as the bureau deepens its focus on left-wing violence.
Iran has issued a formal aviation warning ahead of what it described as “extensive missile launches,” closing broad sections of its southern airspace on Thursday amid mounting regional tensions.
The United States is assembling its most significant concentration of air power in the Middle East since the 2003 Iraq War, positioning advanced fighter jets, aircraft carriers, and support assets amid rising tensions with Iran.