
By Worthy News’ Johan Th. Bos and Stefan J. Bos
JERUSALEM/THE HAGUE/AMSTERDAM (Worthy News) – While antisemitic violence rocked Amsterdam, injuring dozens, Israel’s embassy in The Hague endured electronic attacks, shutting down its phone network, Worthy News learned Saturday.
The hacker group Fatimion Cyber Team (FCT) claimed to have “shut down” the Israeli embassy in The Hague on Friday. Reporters noticed that the embassy had not been easily accessible by phone for quite some time.
FCT had earlier urged its supporters through its channel on social media platform Telegram to carry out ‘electronic attacks’ on the telephone lines of the Israeli embassy.
“Thousands of messages and calls are sent to the numbers to confuse them with incoming calls from citizens,” the attackers said.
Telegram channel then shared different phone numbers used by the embassy. A new emergency number used by the embassy was also immediately placed in the Telegram channel and “digitally bombed,” observers said.
Fatimion Cyber Team has been active since August last year, according to their social media posts cited by investigative journalists.
They attack mainly “Zionist targets,” especially Israeli websites that the group shut down.
ISRAELI OIL GIANT
One of the most recent victims was reportedly Delek, an Israeli oil giant and Israeli telecom provider Cellcom.
FCT also regularly hacks websites and company accounts, say sources familiar with their operation.
The attacks against Israel’s embassy in the Netherlands came after some 2,000 Israeli soccer fans of Maccabi Tel Aviv faced antisemitic attacks that shocked the Netherlands.
Earlier, a group of pro-Palestinian protesters condemned authorities for allowing Israel to participate in the Europa League “given the situation in the Middle East.”
While a protest was banned at Amsterdam’s Johan Cruyff ArenA, it was allowed about a kilometer (0.6 miles) away on the Anton de Komplein.
In the days before the game, there were several confrontations. The Palestinian Authority said Israeli soccer “provoked” the Netherlands’ worst antisemitic incidents since World War.
PALESTINIAN FLAGS
Critics said Israeli soccer fans “took Palestinian flags from houses and chanted slogans related to the war.”
The Palestinian Authority claimed Israelis had “provoked” the Netherlands’ worst antisemitic attacks since World War Two.
Many Israeli soccer fans arrived in the Netherlands from a nation still mourning the 1,200 people killed by Hamas in Israel on October 7, last year.
“I think the Maccabi Tel Aviv supporters thought they would be welcome in Amsterdam because many Jews are living there,” said Dutch television commentator Johan Derksen. Instead, they met antisemites, he explained.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu noted that Jews were hunted on the eve of the 86th anniversary of the Kristall Nacht, the Night of Broken Glass with Germany Nazis and their allies attacked Jews throughout Germany.
“An attack on Jews because they are Jewish is once again happening on European soil,” he added.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
After the Fifth Circuit last month allowed Texas’ border security law, SB 4, to go into effect, another federal court has now blocked four of its provisions.
Israel and Lebanon have agreed to extend their ceasefire by 45 days as the United States pushes forward with a broader diplomatic framework aimed at securing the volatile northern border and preventing renewed conflict with Hezbollah.
U.S. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said he would be “the first person” to support Vice President JD Vance if Vance seeks the Republican presidential nomination in 2028, even as early polling continues to place both men among the leading names in the GOP’s post-Trump future.
Ukraine launched one of its largest drone barrages of the war against Russia overnight, killing at least four people — including three near Moscow — and wounding more than a dozen others, officials said Sunday.
Nigeria and the United States confirmed Saturday that they had killed a senior Islamic State group leader during what officials described as a major joint counterterrorism operation in northeastern Nigeria.
Bulgaria won the Eurovision Song Contest for the first time Saturday, while Israel finished second in a final overshadowed by boycotts and protests over Israel’s participation amid the war in Gaza.
Italian authorities say a man deliberately drove a car into a crowd late Saturday in the northern Italian city of Modena, injuring at least eight people — four of them seriously — in the latest violent vehicle attack in a series of similar incidents across Europe.