
by Karen Faulkner, Worthy News Correspondent
(Worthy News) – Arab Gulf nations have indicated that a condition for obtaining their financial aid to rebuild the Gaza Strip after the Hamas-Israel war has ended is a change in the leadership of the Palestinian Authority which currently governs only the West Bank, i24 News reports.
Coordinated by the United States, a coalition of international officials are looking ahead to a post-war Gaza and have turned to the Gulf nations to take a lead role.
The Gulf nations’ condition follows widespread speculation that the Palestinian Authority, despite its reputation for extreme corruption, terrorism, and incompetence, could take over Gaza after the war. The President of the PA is Mahmoud Abbas, an octogenarian Holocaust denier who has clung to power since he was elected in 2005 to serve just a four-year term.
A second major condition for aid from the Gulf nations is the delivery by Israel of a political plan for dealing with the Palestinian issue going forward. According to a report by Israel’s Kan media outlet, the Gulf states are requesting “a certain type of road map, a political plan regarding the Palestinian issue.”
The details of both conditions have yet to be filled in and considered, i24News said.
In any event, Israel’s Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has already asserted that the PA is not fit to run Gaza after the war. ‘[President Mahmoud Abbas] still refuses to condemn the massacre by Hamas, and his senior ministers celebrate what happened.
His authority pays the murderers, and you know how they educate their children. If there is no change in this matter, what have we done?” Netanyahu stated recently.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
TrumpRx is expanding to about seven times its current size, adding more than 600 generic prescription drugs to the months-old direct-to-consumer government website, the president said Monday.
Pakistan has deployed about 8,000 troops, a squadron of fighter jets, drones, and an air defense system to Saudi Arabia under a confidential mutual defense pact, according to an exclusive Reuters report.
President Donald Trump said Monday that he has called off a planned U.S. military strike against Iran that had been scheduled for Tuesday, citing urgent requests from Gulf leaders and what he described as “serious negotiations” aimed at reaching a deal with Tehran.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Sunday that Israeli forces now control roughly 60% of the Gaza Strip, marking a significant expansion of Israel’s security hold inside the enclave months after the U.S.-brokered ceasefire took effect.
Israeli forces struck more than 30 Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure sites across Southern Lebanon over the past 24 hours, the Israel Defense Forces said Monday morning, as the Iranian-backed group continued attacks on Israeli troops and border communities.
The United States has completed a secret nuclear security mission to remove roughly 30 pounds of highly enriched uranium from Venezuela, transferring the material from the country’s shuttered RV-1 research reactor to a secure U.S. facility in South Carolina.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke with President Donald Trump on Sunday evening as Israel and the United States weighed the possibility of renewed military action against Iran, following stalled nuclear negotiations and a drone strike near a nuclear power station in the United Arab Emirates.