
By Stefan J. Bos, Chief International Correspondent Worthy News
JERUSALEM/GAZA (Worthy News) – Israel’s military said Monday that 11 hostages, including two mothers and nine children, were en route to Israel after being released by Hamas, seen as a terrorist group by the West.
“Based on information that was received from the Red Cross, 11 hostages are currently on their way to Israeli territory,” after 51 days in captivity, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said.
In exchange, Hamas said it received the list of names of prisoners to be released from Israeli prisons on Monday. The list includes three female prisoners whom it named and another 30 minors.
Hamas also announced Monday that it is willing to negotiate over the release of captive Israeli soldiers but confirmed this is not yet included in discussions. The group warned that “different conditions” would be attached to the release of soldiers than to freeing civilians.
It came as mediator Qatar confirmed that Israel and Hamas agreed to a two-day extension to the current four-day truce, which saw hostages freed and Palestinian prisoners released.
Israel had reportedly offered a day’s pause in fighting for every 10 additional hostages released from Gaza.
DOZENS FREED
As part of the Israel-Hamas deal, 39 Israeli hostages in Gaza have been released so far, with 117 Palestinians freed from Israeli jails.
Those freed were among about 240 people abducted by Hamas on October 7 when it entered Israel and also killed nearly 1,200 people, including babies and toddlers.
Israel has pledged to destroy Hamas following the worst atrocity in Israel’s recent history. Minister of Defense Yoav Gallant met with IDF soldiers in the Gaza Strip on Monday, where he vowed that the fighting would resume once the temporary ceasefire is over.
Gallant told the soldiers that while they use this time to rest and research, “the enemy is doing the same thing.”
However, “the enemy will first meet the bombs of the airforce, then the shells of the tanks and artillery, and then the tracks of the bulldozer, and then finally the shooting of the infantry. We will fight all over the Strip.”
Yet several of Israel’s Western allies and others have urged Israel to further extend a ceasefire amid concerns that the Israel-Hamas war could lead to a broader armed conflict engulfing the Middle East and beyond.
Copyright 1999-2026 Worthy News. This article was originally published on Worthy News and was reproduced with permission.
Latest News from Worthy News
Nuclear material has been discovered in Syria and placed under International Atomic Energy Agency oversight, reviving attention on a clandestine nuclear program that Israel destroyed nearly two decades ago.
The U.S. Supreme Court has been asked to weigh in on a growing national battle over whether states may require the Ten Commandments to be displayed in public-school classrooms, potentially setting the stage for a major First Amendment ruling.
A prominent house church pastor and six other Christians have disappeared after being detained by police in Wenzhou, a major Christian center in eastern China often called the “Jerusalem of China.”
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and U.S. special envoy Jared Kushner have reached an understanding that Hamas must be fully disarmed and the Gaza Strip demilitarized before reconstruction begins or Israeli forces withdraw, marking a significant narrowing of differences between Jerusalem and the Trump administration over the future of Gaza.
Humanoid robots capable of navigating rugged terrain, detecting people and conducting around-the-clock surveillance could eventually join U.S. Border Patrol operations along the southern border, as an American robotics company moves closer to potential national-security deployments.
Israel carried out an unusual airstrike deep inside northwestern Syria early Tuesday, targeting the strategic Abu al-Duhur military airfield shortly after a Turkish military delegation reportedly visited the base to assess its rehabilitation, according to Israeli and Syrian reports. The operation prompted a rare public rebuke from a senior U.S. envoy.
Newly declassified FBI records released by the White House detail what officials describe as a years-long Chinese intelligence effort to penetrate American political circles through sexual relationships, campaign donations, and strategically placed interns.






